Here is another high fiber food recipe that is easy and tastes good.
Shrimp Soup – Coconut Lime
Recipe type: Entree
This colorful, tasty soup features classic Thai flavors, especially creamy coconut milk. Look for coconut milk in the international section of your supermarket. Always choose the light variety, which has less than half the fat and calories of regular coconut milk.
- 4 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 3 heads baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (13.5 to 14 ounces) light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red or green curry paste
- 4 ounces multigrain or whole wheat angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add the carrots, bok choy, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, curry paste, and 1 cup of water.
- Cook just until the mixture comes to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pasta; return just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in the shrimp.
- Cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque and the pasta is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
Calories: 366.3 Fat: 13.4 G Carbohydrates: 32.7 G Sugar: 5.2 G Fiber: 6.6 G Protein: 31.6 G
Try these different high fiber foods into your daily diet and see what a difference it will make.